Sunday, April 4, 2010

Two Places at Once

I am the queen of multitasking. I can discipline a child while cooking, soothe a newborn while yelling at a toddler, talk to a friend while writing a paper, fold clothes while playing with a child and pump milk while making coffee!

But, try as I may, I still have not figured out how to physically be two places at once! This is my dilemma. I, ( most mothers close your eyes) am ready to go back to work. However, I don't feel ready to leave Savannah quite yet. I'm ready to bring home the bacon again and feel accomplishment and interact with other adults on a regular basis. But I worry about my baby girl. It's not that I feel like her childcare center is inadequate. Her teacher, Ms. Tina, is wonderful as well as the other staff there. I think it's just a "mom" thing. I feel like no one can comfort her the way that I do. I know her so well by now, I know all the "tricks" to making her happy. She doesn't even really love taking a bottle. I know she'll get used to it and she will continue to thrive. Reese did and he's the smartest, happiest, most mom-loving 2 year old I know.

It's two full time jobs. Make it three if you count your marriage. I realized we have been married for 5 years come August. Where does all that time go. And it's not like your relationship takes care of itself after a certain number of years. If anything, it gets harder to maintain and heck, improve with the added demands of a growing family and work responsibilities. But then you get those golden moments, when the kids are being cute as can be, you're all coloring easter eggs at the table and you realize you couldn't have it much better. I have said that having 2 kids is more about "divide and conquer" but I think I'm going to take that back. While we may delegate to eachother, it's more about being a team that feels like they won at the end of the day. Most days.

How I've managed to keep my sanity I'm not sure. Thank you friends for listening to me talk rapidly out of need for socialization. Thank you running and other exercise for helping to clear my mind and getting me back into (some) of my clothes. Thank you Reed for telling me I'm beautiful even though I'm not a size 2 again yet. Thank you family for listening to me and helping me and coming to help when you can. Thank you occasional glass of wine. Thank you Savannah for being a good sleeper and making me sit down and relax for awhile each day to feed you. Thank you Reese for your big hugs and for being so darn cute I can't help but forgive your temper tantrums and resistance to use the potty. Thank you God for giving me strength and blessing me with all I could ever imagine!

39 comments:

Mark and Emma said...

Thank you occasional glass of wine...I totally lol'd at that. Thank you because I really needed a good laugh!

鳳珠鳳珠 said...

辛苦了!祝你愈來愈好!........................................

Ai Valley said...

Aww God Bless all of you! I miss you guys, and cannot wait to meet Savannah!!

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe
-Philippians 2:14-15

Verse that's been on my heart since I've started my new job. Lovely!

Love and God Bless,
Aileen

李妍妮 said...

He that travels far knows much.......................................................

BlancaMcleroy20147 said...

外表往往與事實本身不符,世人卻容易被表面裝飾所欺騙了........................................

興偉 said...

thx rfor you sharing~~learn it by heart ........................................

吳wyat031tskiles8 said...

adult成人情色激情成人聊天網情色影片色情俱樂部性愛影片情趣淫水影音情色限制級照片live show女生自慰影片超屌成人情色留言板淫亂女自慰免費視訊辣妹巨乳鹹濕色情影音聊天自拍走光照片免費情色av圖片亞洲情色論壇淫慾免費裸女圖片裙底風光台灣色情論壇一夜正妹淫娃網情色下載a圖片全裸淫蕩女人情色影音聊天高潮自慰色情圖片成人自拍女生自慰亞洲成人色情dvd舔乳頭女生自慰影片台灣色情網站台灣性樂園sex story情色影音激情聊天室嘿咻情色自拍

家信 said...

累了嗎?來杯咖啡休息一下吧! ........................................

韋于倫成 said...

發表,是一種抒發:好的心情可以一再的回味發酵;壞的心情就讓它留在文字裡吧!加油!........................................

韋于倫成 said...

青春一逝不復返,事業一失難有成。........................................

蕙帆ElmoAc said...

聰明的人喜歡猜心 雖然每次都猜對了卻失去了自己的心..................................................

Eunic毓燕eMatte0215 said...

the food is delicious!............................................................

esthermelvin said...

新手上路哦~請大家多支持^_^..............................

家賢 said...

you‘ve got a great personality!............................................................

則惠 said...

讓人流連忘返,真期待新文章發表!.................................................................

張瑋劭 said...

Pay somebody back in his own coin.....................................................................

慧萍黃 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。.................................................................

凱文凱文 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

恩如 said...

安安!剛開始玩這個,來這裡逛一下^^............................................................

佩璇佩璇 said...

來幫推 你個blog影d相真係好靚,係我至愛~ ..................................................................

芸茂芸茂 said...

快樂與滿足的秘訣,就在全心全意投注於現在的每一分,每一秒上..................................................

淑娟淑娟 said...

今夜星光多美好~祝你快樂~~~~..................................................................

吳婷婷 said...

不妄求,則心安;不妄作,則身安!.......................................................

楊儀卉 said...

It is never too late to learn. ............................................................

陳璇竹陳璇竹 said...

人必須心懷希望,才會活的快樂,日子才過得充實,有意義,有朝氣,有信心。......................................................

王美妹 said...

唯有穿鞋的人,才知道鞋的哪一處擠腳............................................................

吳淑芬吳淑芬 said...

等很久了 謝謝你的用心............................................................

楊燕沛楊燕沛 said...

傻氣的人喜歡給心 雖然每次都被笑了卻得到了別人的心..................................................................

仁南貞宣 said...

要在憂患恥辱的環境裡,創造我們自力更生的新生活。.......................................................

洪志源 said...

我在戀愛著?--------是的,因為我在等待著..................................................................

姿胤綸婷 said...

人不能像動物一樣活著,而應該追求知識和美德............................................................

凱v胡倫 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

偉曹琬 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼....................................................

怡屏 said...

看著你的BLOG 好多朋友都回應 真厲害..................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

每次看完你的文章,總是回味許久,要經常發表喔。..................................................

至馬馬馬馬玄馬馬馬馬 said...

好的部落格就要和好朋友分享--感謝分享..................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

愛情是盲目的,但婚姻恢復了它的視力。......................................................................

159fsaf said...

培養健全孩子最好的方法是父母先成為健全的人。......................................................................

8468 said...

It is never too late to learn.......................................................................

<